Benefits of the sludge2energy Process
The sludge2energy system is a sustainable solution which provides security of thermal sewage sludge utilisation. The energy self-sufficient sludge2energy system for sewage sludge utilisation is based on the combination of a sludge dryer and subsequent incineration in a fluidized bed furnace.
- Efficiently combined drying and thermal utilisation of sewage sludge in a fluidised bed furnace
- A wide variety of municipal sewage sludges can be utilised thermally due to an efficient use of energy, without the need for any external energy.
- Compact, modular and functional design with minimum space requirements
- Low invest and operational costs due to the optimised concept of thermal drying and utilisation
- Optimal sewage sludge quantity and mass reduction
- Minimised expenses and costs for sewage sludge transport
- Long-term cost certainty and disposal safety
- Dry flue gas cleaning process without generation of wastewater
- Low pollutant emissions, significantly below legal limits (17. BImSch, TA Luft)
- Fully automatic operation 24 h/d, 7 d/week with a high plant availability of 8,000 h/a
- High flexibility of sewage sludge utilisation
- Production of phosphorus-rich sewage sludge ash and optional phosphorus recovery
- Optimized flue gas cleaning with regard to various customer requirements (site requirements, phosphorus recovery)
- Optional power generation taking into account specific individual conditions and plant size