Hanover-Lahe: Assembly of the steel structure on sludge2energy GmbH's sewage sludge incineration plant has begun
Progress on the construction site of the mono incineration plant for sewage sludge in Hannover-Lahe
On 24 August, the erection of the steel structure has started. From 20 October, the HUBER RotaDry® disc dryers will be lifted into place. Regular operation of the plant is scheduled to start at the turn of the year 2022/23.
At the beginning of 2020, sludge2energy GmbH (S2E) was already commissioned as general contractor with the planning and construction of a mono-incineration plant for sewage sludge. The client of the plant is enercity Contracting GmbH. The innovative incineration plant at the Lahe site will utilise both mechanically dewatered and externally fully dried municipal sewage sludge. The plant will have a total capacity of 30,000 tonnes of dry matter per year. This corresponds to a volume of about 130,000 tonnes of dewatered sewage sludge (with a dry matter content of about 22 percent).
Main process components of the plant:
- HUBER Disc Dryer RotaDry®
- S2E Fluidizer (stationary fluidized bed furnace including boiler)
- Backpressure steam turbine (for optimum power utilisation with maximum flexibility in plant operation)
- Flue gas cleaning system (to ensure compliance with the permissible emission limits)
The premise in the planning and realisation of the Hannover-Lahe plant is, in addition to thermal and electrical self-sufficiency, the maximum possible extraction of environmentally friendly generated heat, from which approx. 5,000 households are to benefit via the regional district heating network.
- Optimised, maximum district heat extraction
- Adapted contaminant management
- Thermally and electrically energy self-sufficient
- 10.57 MW capacity
- 30,000 tonnes of dry matter per year
- 130,000 tonnes of sewage sludge per year