Disposal safety and environmental protection
Sustainable and self-sufficient sewage sludge utilisation
The innovative sludge2energy system offers the possibility of sustainable and energy self-sufficient sewage sludge utilisation.
Based on the combination of a sludge dryer and subsequent incineration in a fluidized bed furnace, the plant design is individually adjusted to the customer’s sewage sludge volumes and requirements. The individual components of the thermal sludge utilisation concept can be varied to suit customer-specific requirements. Maximum performance and economic efficiency is achieved by selecting the best suitable technical solution.
Depending on the specific site conditions, it can be selected from two design versions of the sludge2energy systems for thermal sludge utilisation:
The heart of the incineration concept is a stationary fluidized bed incinerator with an open nozzle floor, optimized for the requirements of thermal sewage sludge utilisation. This flexibly controllable "S2E Fluidizer" represents a reliable and safe system with high energy efficiency and minimal pollutant emissions.
Safe and Lasting Sewage Sludge Utilisation
The sludge2energy system is a sustainable solution which provides security of thermal sewage sludge utilisation.
The energy self-sufficient sludge2energy system for sewage sludge utilisation is based on the combination of a sludge dryer and subsequent incineration in a fluidized bed furnace.
Innovative and well thought-out process components with perfectly matched and interlocking components offer essential advantages and a safe and reliable recycling process.
Brief description of the technology
The following components are included in every sludge2energy process and are optimally matched to each other, taking into account the quantities of sewage sludge produced and the sludge composition:
- Sludge acceptance and storage area for dewatered sewage sludge to balance varying supply volumes
- Sludge drying for auto-thermal incineration of the sludge
- Flexible combustion control including adjustable conveying line for controlled sludge input
- Condensation of dryer vapours, introduction of vapours/air into the fluidised bed furnace as combustion air
- Stationary fluidised bed furnace with continuous discharge of bed material and contaminants
- Burner for plant start-up and shutdown and balancing unsteady operating states
- Waste heat boiler for heat transmission from flue gas to useable vapour, utilisation of the exhaust steam for heat supply to internal consumers, such as sludge dryerr
- Staged combustion air system to minimize contaminants, such as dioxins, carbon monoxide, organic pollutants and nitric oxides
- Denitrification according to the selective non-catalytic reduction (SNCR) method as first stage of flue gas cleaning
- Fabric filter for pre-separation of the phosphorus-rich flue ash from the flue gas
- Dry flue gas cleaning with sorbent dosing to remove acid pollutants, dioxins and heavy metals (e.g. Hg)
- Fabric filter (sorption filter) to remove reaction products and dust from the flue gas
- Emission measurement station in chimney for the control of all legal emission limits
- Ash discharge and storage of reaction products (10) separately from phosphorus-rich bed ash, boiler ash and pre-separated ash
Further components and options are available depending on the process variants steam boiler system and hot water boiler system, e.g. dry sludge storage or further energetic utilisation via a back-pressure steam turbine with generator.